Thursday, November 20, 2008

Talk Radio And My Brain

Today I listened to Sean Hannity. I know, what the hell was I thinking. I can't believe how much I don't like that guy. Anyway, it seems that shows like that, both liberal and conservative, are shows with information saturated with opinion. What kills me is that most people either agree or disagree with the opinions given. When did we become a society that can't think for ourselves. Can we not just have our own opinion based off the "true" information given. They offer you apples or oranges then say choose. What if I want a freakn' pear, or maybe a pineapple.

That said here are some of my opinions-

-Bail out for automotive companies, bad idea. I agree unemployment is bad but man we have the let the chips fall. I don't want to reward anyone for bad decisions. (That was my opinion with the other bail outs too, for better or worse) I should know about unemployment at any day I could wake up and there be no work for me, I'm not asking for a handout I'll just do what I've always do, WORK ANYWHERE. I think Americans can still do this. This are going to get bad, but it has to happen. In the words of Reagan. "If not now, when? And if not us, who?"

-Prop 8. I was against but it passed so I'm moving on.

-Barrock Obama. For. Now that he is in lets see what he can do, hopefully good things. After four years we can reevaluate. Lets give him a chance before we try to destroy him.

-Cool quote from a movie, that has nothing to do with politics. "I'm not happy, but I'm not unhappy about it" (this is not how I feel I just liked the quote)

-Random thought I had the other day. I was working and saw some kid and I thought if he shot me dead I would hope someone would shave my head and beard with my beard trimmer before the viewing. Weird, I know. Even weirder is that was my only concern. lol.

-Done. Cherrio, friends.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the man. Period.

The Bruces said...

Oh Dash you seriously always put a smile on my face or make me laugh out loud at some of your funny little quotes and things you post.... Really thanks for being you.... You are one of a kind :)

Anonymous said...

Dash, you are awesome! If you are shot dead, I will make sure you look HOT in your casket!

Skankstas said...

I'll make sure someone makes you look like a hot dead guy if you die. I already promised my Mom I would pluck her eyebrows if she was ever in a coma...

Laurel Leaves said...

Wow. I so totally agree with every word you are saying.

Not really -- but in a way. I agree that no one seems to get their ideas to form opinions from numerous sources. Makes me crazy.

Also I don't care for pears.

Hope you don't mind me commenting here, I just instantly love you.

I am glad that the beard thing seems to be in check should the need arrive. But let’s hope not.

~Amy Laurel

The Hungry Fashionista said...

maybe you should write more than once a century on your blog.
just a thought
ps.
Sorry i may or may not have made it seem like i was using you for your wonderful music knowledge on thanksgiving...