Saturday, August 2, 2008

good company, good music, good times

There is a sure fire way to have a good time, every time. All one has to do is follow this simple equation. Good Company + Good Music + Good Drinks = Good Times. I didn't lack any of these tonight. The music was Joshua James at Club Sound/In the Venue. Arriving at the venue a little early I immediately was concerned with the crowd that was standing in line. These folks were not the folk music type. With a little inquiry, I discovered Alkaline Trio was playing in the same building just on the other side. I didn't think to many kids with mohawks listened to Mr. James lol. The staff there were complete idiots they had no idea about the Joshua show. But alas we figured out where to go and were able to get out of the sun and get refreshed waiting for some great music to start. I took a little video footage of the show on my phone, not that great of quality but it reminds me of how awesome Josh is when performing.



You must give this guy a listen. His CD is good, but his live show is amazing. Not many performers can really show the type of passion they have for there music. When JJ plays he makes you feel what he his feeling. There is no doubt that these songs have meaning to him and it shows. He draws you in with his singing, and passion. He definitely wears his emotions on his sleeve. This is the second time I've seen him and both times now he makes you feel the music. After the second song in the set I could have gone home happy, it was powerful. Give him a chance he is local boy too.

No comments: