Monday, September 1, 2008

Movies

So apparently last Sunday was movie Sunday for me. I watched a total of four movies. Two in the afternoon and two in the evening.

Vince Vaughns Wild West Comedy Show
City of Men (From the guys who did City of God)
Wristcutters A love story
Short Order

Here is my verdict. OK, OK, Really Good, and OK.

The Comedy Show was funny at times but I was hoping for a little more stand up. It was more like a little documentary about the tour.

City of Men. Well City of God was a crazy movie and I think it's a definite see. This movie was a lot slower then City of God and less violent. Probably the most interesting thing about this movie is how they depict life in that part of Brazil. Now that is Crazy.

WristCutters was great. I'd heard a lot of good things about this movie from friends, and noticed a lot of people were talking about on there blogs or web pages so it was about time I saw it. I really liked it the concept was pretty cool and the liked all the actors/actresses in it. My favorite line, "dickhead get in".

Short Order. Well I was under the impression that this film was going to be in a different language, but it wasn't. Everyone spoke with an accent, and I'm not talking just a british one. I think everyone had a different accent. The movie was OK for me. I think it was a little to deep for me. I was really tired so I couldn't really grasp all the interesting things you could apply to life. All I really got out of it was that the lead actress was a really hot version of Hillary Duff. Voila that was my Sunday. Au revoir.

No comments: